It also describes your data protection rights, including a right to object to some of the processing which we carry out. More information about your rights, and how to exercise them, is set out in the “Your Choices Regarding Your Information” section below.
WHO WE ARE
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Please note that we will record the telephone calls which you have with our Customer Services team for training and quality purposes, and to resolve customer service issues.
- We collect certain categories of personal data about you from eBay (UK) Ltd (“eBay”)
- When you register to use any of Shutl's services, eBay provides us with your personal contact and transaction details, such as, your name, address, phone number, mobile phone number, e-mail address, transaction information and item collection and delivery information, as well as other information necessary to provide our service.
- When you voluntarily complete customer surveys, provide feedback, complete a web form, engage in a live chat, submit a claim for e.g. breach of contract, or participate in promotions or competitions, which are relevant to any of Shutl’s services, eBay provides us with the details contained in the same.
- eBay provides us with postage / delivery, transaction and other information used to send or return an item, such as, address, contact details (including phone number and email address of the recipient of your item).
- eBay also provides us with any additional information which we are required or authorised by applicable national laws to collect and process in order to authenticate or identify you or to verify the information we have collected.
- We collect the following categories of personal data about you from our carriers (e.g., Royal Mail, DHL, UPS, etc.) (via our aggregators): shipment tracking information and delivery status reports.
- If you choose to pay for your item with PayPal, PayPal Inc. (“PayPal”) collects payment details from you directly. If and when we need to assist PayPal to provide customer services (including to help service your account or resolve disputes (e.g., billing or transactional disputes), PayPal will share the following details about you with us: details about the payment issue itself, payment details and eBay user account.
- We will collect website usage information such as: browser information; IP address; the site you come to our site from or go to after leaving our site; browsing activity (e.g. the time and duration of your browsing, the selections you make and pages you access); the type of device you use to access our site; unique device identifying numbers; and the operating system your device uses.
- When you interact with our site through social media networks, such as when you "Like" us on Facebook or post a review to our Facebook page, we may receive information from the social network such as your profile information, profile picture, gender, user name, user ID, age range, language, country, friends list, and any other information you permit the social network to share with third parties. The data we receive is dependent upon your privacy settings with the social network.
- If you are unable to pay charges for the Shutl services or fraudulent or other criminal activity is suspected relating to you or your account or the delivery of an item to or from you, we will be provided with the following categories of personal information by credit reference agencies and organisations that prevent and detect fraud or other related crimes.
HOW WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION AND THE LEGAL BASES
We use the personal information we collect from you for a range of different business purposes and according to different legal bases of processing. The following is a description of how and according to which legal bases we use your personal information.
We use your personal information to fulfil a contract with you, in particular:
We use your personal information to pursue our legitimate interests where your rights and freedoms do not outweigh these interests. These interests are:
- to perform the requested services; and
- to send you service related messages via e-mail, phone or text. For example, about account verification, order confirmation, order tracking, changes/updates to features of the service or technical and security notices.
We have carried out balancing tests for all the data processing we carry out on the basis of these legitimate interests. You can obtain information on such balancing tests by contacting us at
- measuring the performance of our email marketing campaigns (e.g. by analysing open and click rates);
- ensuring that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer and mobile device;
- undertaking troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, improving the service and developing new products and services;
- protecting our rights or property or the rights and property of others and to detect, prevent, mitigate and investigate fraudulent or illegal activities.
We use your personal information when you give us your consent, in particular:
- to deliver targeted marketing and promotional offers about products or services which we think may be of interest to you based on your communication preferences; and
- to set tracking technologies (such as cookies, web beacons or similar technologies) in order to
- remember your information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your subsequent visits.
- enhance your experience on our sites.
- provide and monitor the effectiveness of our services and our content.
- monitor aggregate metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, demographic patterns.
- diagnose or fix technology problems.
- help you efficiently access your information after you sign into your account.
- personalise, measure and improve our advertising, based on your ad communication preferences.
We use your personal information for purposes which are required by law: in particular, responding to requests by government or law enforcement authorities conducting an investigation.
HOW WE SHARE PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will disclose personal information we collect in the following circumstances:
Uses made of any feedback you leave on the Shutl delivery service:
- We will share your personal information with other companies in the same group of companies as Shutl: eBay Inc. and eBay UK.
- We will share your personal information with PayPal for the following purposes:
- To provide customer services, including to help service your account or resolve disputes (e.g., billing or transactional disputes).
- To facilitate the processing of payment cards when you pay within our services with a payment card and we use PayPal to process your payment.
- To facilitate delivery and related services for purchases you made using PayPal.
- We will share your personal information with third party delivery providers (e.g., Royal Mail, DHL, UPS, etc.).
- We will share information about the delivery and its progress with the sender of an item and the person receiving the item, as applicable.
- We will share your personal information with third party service providers who help us to provide our services and achieve the purposes described above, including, payment processing, web technologies, advertising, content or service fulfilment, analytics; and to assist us with the prevention, detection, mitigation, and investigation of potentially illegal acts, fraud and/or security breaches, bill collection, affiliate and rewards programs and other business operations.
- We will also share your information with other third party service providers, such as, accountants and financial advisors. These providers will be given limited access to your information under reasonable confidentiality terms.
- We also share your personal information where we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information to do so in order to comply with any legal obligation, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Shutl, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection, credit risk reduction and crime detection and prevention.
- We will share your personal information with credit / debt collection agencies authorised by applicable national laws (e.g. information on late or missed payments or other defaults on your account that may be reflected in your credit report or file).
- The feedback that you leave on the Shutl delivery service helps us to improve the service that we offer and respond to customer needs appropriately.
- If you post a review on our site or our mobile app we may post your review on the Shutl website and we may use the feedback in any Shutl marketing, analysis or promotional material. We will post only your first name and the city in which your delivery was made.
- We may ask you to share a review with your social networking sites such as Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter. We'd really appreciate it if you could help us spread the word about Shutl via social networks, but to do so is entirely optional and will require you to authenticate your account with the social network. If you engage with Shutl on social media websites, such as by “Liking” us or by providing feedback on any Shutl page of a social media website, such as the Shutl pages on Facebook or Twitter, Shutl will collect your personal information from that social media site subject to your privacy settings on that site. Please refer to your privacy settings on your social media site to understand what information the social media site will share with third parties like Shutl.
YOUR CHOICES REGARDING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- You can update your communication preferences or opt-out of receiving marketing materials by contacting us at email@example.com. You can also unsubscribe from promotional e-mail communications from us by clicking on the “unsubscribe link” provided in each e-mail.
- You control the personal information you allow us to have access to through the privacy settings on the applicable social media site and the permissions you give us when you grant us access to the personal information retained by the respective social media site about you. We may also use plug-ins or other technologies from various social media sites. If you click on a link provided via a social media plug in, you are establishing a connection with that respective social media site.
WAYS YOU CAN ACCESS, CONTROL, AND CORRECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- You have the right to access, correct / update, request deletion or request restriction of our use of your personal information as required by applicable law. We also take steps to ensure that the personal information we collect is accurate and up to date.
- In certain circumstances, we will provide you with a copy of your personal information in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format on request.
- You have the right to object to our processing of your personal information, for example, when this processing is justified on the basis of our legitimate interests.
- To request access and to find out whether any fees may apply, if permitted by applicable national laws, please contact us following the instructions in the Contact Us section below. Where you have a statutory right to request access or request the modification or erasure of your personal information, we can still withhold that access or decline to modify or erase your personal information in some cases in accordance with applicable national laws.
- Upon your request, we will close your account and remove your personal information from view as soon as reasonably possible, based on your account activity and in accordance with applicable national laws.
- You also have the right to complain about our processing of your personal data to your local supervisory authority. However, please do contact us in the first instance so that we can try and resolve your complaint first!
- Where we require your personal information to comply with legal or contractual obligations, then provision of such data is mandatory: if such data is not provided, then we will not be able to manage our contractual relationship with you, or to meet obligations placed on us. In all other cases, provision of requested personal information is optional.
TRANSFERS OF PERSONAL INFORMATION OUTSIDE OF THE UK
Your personal information will be transferred to eBay Inc., and therefore stored in the US.
We transfer your personal information to the US on the basis of binding corporate rules under Article 47 GDPR. Please contact us using the details provided below for more information about this transfer, and / or a copy of the relevant documentation.
THIRD PARTY SITES
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers, affiliates or third party partners. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies which we advise you check before submitting any personal information to these websites.
HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We keep your personal information in line with eBay regional record retention schedules.
Our sites are general audience websites and are not intended for individuals under the age of 18; and we contract only with individuals aged 18 or above. We do not collect information from individuals under the age of 18. If we discover that we have inadvertently collected information from individuals under such age, we will delete that information as soon as possible. Please contact us at
with any questions about our privacy practices or to let us know if you have reason to believe that we have collected information from individuals under the age of 18.
or sent to: Shutl Ltd, 1 More London Place, London, SE1 2AF.
We have appointed a data protection officer (DPO) to be responsible for the privacy program at Shutl. You can contact our DPO by e-mail at
Your responsibilities over transactional information you receive through Shutl.
When you transact with another user, we enable you to obtain or we may provide you with certain personal information about the other user (such as their name, e-mail address, contact details, delivery and billing address) to complete the transaction. Independent from us, you are the controller of such data and we encourage you to inform the other user about your privacy practices and to respect their privacy. In all cases, you must comply with the applicable privacy laws, and in particular, must give the other user a chance to remove themselves from your database and a chance to review what information you have collected about them.