For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, Shutl is the data controller of personal information we collect and process about you. Shutl is established at Shutl Ltd, 1 More London Place, London, SE1 2AF. Shutl's company number is 06612384.
WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT
The information that we collect from you:
The information we collect about you from others:
- When you register with us or use any of Shutl's services, we may collect your name, address, phone number, mobile phone number, email address, transaction information (such as credit or debit card details and charges) and item collection and delivery information, as well as other information necessary to provide our service
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We also collect information when you voluntarily complete customer surveys, provide feedback and participate in promotions or competitions.
- We, or our third party business partners, may collect website and mobile app usage information such as: browser information; IP address; the site you come to our website from or go to after leaving our website; browsing activity (e.g. the time and duration of your browsing, the selections you make and pages you access); the type of device you use to access our website or mobile app; unique device identifying numbers; and the operating system your device uses.
- If you activate a feature of our website or mobile app that detects your device's actual location, we may collect and process location data about you. Other than this we do not collect device location data, although your IP address may provide us with an approximate location usually no more precise than the city your device is in.
- When you place an order through one of our retail partners, that partner may share your personal information with us in order to perform the service. This data may be combined with data we collect from you directly.
- When you interact with our site through various social media, such as when you "Like" us on Facebook or post a review to our Facebook page, we may receive information from the social network such as your profile information, profile picture, gender, user name, user ID, age range, language, country, friends list, and any other information you permit the social network to share with third parties. The data we receive is dependent upon your privacy settings with the social network.
- When you have provided your information to one of our partner networks, advertisers, affiliates or third party partners and consented to that information being used by third parties for targeted marketing and promotional offers based on your communication preferences.
- When we deliver an item to you, the person sending the item may provide us with your name, address, phone number and other information that is relevant to providing the service.
- If you are unable to pay charges for the services or we suspect fraudulent or other criminal activity in connection with you or your account or the delivery of an item to or from you, we may be provided with information by credit reference agencies and organisations that prevent and detect fraud or other crimes.
HOW WE USE INFORMATION
We may use the personal information we collect from you and others in the following ways to:
We may use the information we collect through tracking technologies (such as cookies, web beacons or similar technologies) to:
- perform our services and to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us or any third parties that have contracted us to fulfill their agreements with you.
- send you service related messages via email, phone or text. For example, we may send you service-related emails (e.g. account verification, order confirmation, order tracking, changes/updates to features of the service or technical and security notices).
- ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer and mobile device.
- undertake troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, improving the service and developing new products and services.
- protect our rights or property or the rights and property of others, detect and investigate illegal activities and breaches of any agreement we have with you.
- tell you about our and our corporate family’s websites, applications, services and tools;
- deliver marketing and promotional offers based on your communication preferences;
- personalise, measure and improve our advertising, based on your ad communication preferences;
- send you information via email, post, phone or text about promotions or other offers we think may be of interest to you, including offers from third parties. See below to learn how to control your communication preferences.
- combine your personal information with information we collect from other sources and use it to improve and personalise our advertising and marketing to you.
- remember your information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your subsequent visits;
- enhance your experience on our websites and mobile app, including through the display of customised content and/or targeted advertising, or to serve our advertisements to you on other sites around the Web;
- provide and monitor the effectiveness of our services and our content;
- monitor aggregate metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, demographic patterns;
- diagnose or fix technology problems; and
- help you efficiently access your information after you sign into your account.
HOW WE SHARE INFORMATION
We may disclose information we collect in the following circumstances:
Uses made of any feedback you leave on the Shutl delivery service:
- We may share your personal information with our local delivery partners to perform the services.
- We may share information with the sender or the person receiving the item in relation to the delivery, its progress and the contact details of the sender or the person receiving the item.
- Where you have requested that we collect and deliver an item from one of our retail partners via our "Click and don't Collect" offering, we may share your contact details and information about the delivery and its progress with that retail partner for the purpose of providing the service.
- We share your personal information with our local delivery partners to perform the services.
- We may share information about the delivery and its progress with the sender of an item and the person receiving the item.
- We may share your information with our third party service providers who help us provide our services, such as software providers, accountants, website developers, payment processors, billing and financial advisors, marketing and advertising partners, among others. These business partners will be given limited access to your information under reasonable confidentiality terms.
- We may share information about website and mobile app usage (collected through web technologies such as log files, device identifiers, location data and clear gifs), with our third party business partners who perform services on our behalf, which may include identifying and serving targeted advertisements, content or service fulfilment, or providing analytics services.
- We may also aggregate or otherwise strip data of all personally identifying characteristics and may share that aggregated, or anonymised data with third parties.
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, we may disclose your personal information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If we sell, divest or transfer the company (including shares of the company), or any combination of its products, services, assets, and/or businesses to a third party, in which case personal information held by it about our customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Shutl, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection, credit risk reduction and crime detection and prevention.
- The feedback that you leave on the Shutl delivery service helps us to improve the service that we offer and respond to customer needs appropriately.
- If you post a review of our service through our website or mobile app, we may post your review on the Shutl website and we may use the feedback in any Shutl marketing, analysis or promotional material. We will strive to maintain your anonymity by posting only your first name and the city in which your delivery was made.
- We may ask you to share your review with your network on social networking sites such as Facebook, Tumblr and Twitter. We'd really appreciate it if you could help us spread the word about Shutl via social networks, but to do so is entirely optional and will require you to authenticate your account with the social network. If you engage with Shutl on social media websites, such as by “Liking” us or by providing feedback on any Shutl page of a social media website, such as the Shutl pages on Facebook or Twitter, Shutl may collect your personal information from that social media site subject to your privacy settings on that site. Additionally, your social media profile information, including your photograph, may be displayed on Shutl's social media page or the Shutl website along with your review of the service. We may also publish the review you have left on the Shutl page to your social medial page, subject to your social network privacy settings. Please refer to your privacy settings on your social media site to understand what information the social media site will share with third parties like Shutl.
YOUR CHOICES REGARDING YOUR INFORMATION
You can correct or update your communication preferences or opt-out of receiving marketing materials by checking the box on the feedback page of our website or by contacting us at
You can also unsubscribe from promotional email communications from us by clicking on the “unsubscribe link” provided in each email. Please note that you cannot unsubscribe or opt-out from service-related emails and SMS text messaging as these are critical to performing our service (e.g. account verification, order confirmations and tracking information, changes/updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices).
You can update or correct your personal information on your own Shutl account or if you do not have a Shutl account, you may request that we correct or update your information by contacting us at
You can request a copy of the personal information that Shutl holds about you by contacting us at:
- Cookies are small data files that are placed on your computer or mobile device when you visit a website. Cookies are widely used by website owners in order to make their websites work, or to work more efficiently, as well as to provide reporting information.
- Cookies set by the website owner (in this case, Shutl) are called "first party cookies". Cookies set by parties other than the website owner are called "third party cookies". Third party cookies enable third party features or functionality to be provided on or through the website (e.g. like advertising, interactive content and analytics). The parties that set these third party cookies can recognise your computer both when it visits the website in question and also when it visits certain other websites.
- We use first party and third party cookies for several reasons. Some cookies are required for technical reasons in order for our website to operate, and we refer to these as "essential" or "strictly necessary" cookies. Other cookies also enable us to track and target the interests of our users to enhance the experience on our website. Third parties serve cookies through our Websites for advertising, analytics and other purposes.
- The specific types of first and third party cookies served through our website and the purposes they perform are described below:
Essential website cookies:
These cookies are strictly necessary to provide you with services available through our website and to use some of its features, such as access to secure areas. These cookies are served by Shutl on https://shutl.com/uk and our third party partners.
Performance and functionality cookies:
These cookies are used to enhance the performance and functionality of our website but are non-essential to their use. However, without these cookies, certain functionality may become unavailable. These cookies are served by Shutl on https://shutl.com/uk and our third party partners.
Analytics and customisation cookies:
Social networking cookies:
- To manage cookies, you can set your browser to enable, disable or delete cookies, including advertising cookies. To do this, follow the instructions provided by your browser (usually located within the "Help", "Tools" or "Edit" settings). Please note that if you set your browser to disable cookies, some features of our website or service may not work properly. For more information on third party advertising-related cookies and how to opt-out of them, please visit the website of the third party serving cookies above or one of the following third party websites:
- If you are accessing our service through our mobile app or with a mobile device, you may not have the ability to disable cookies, depending on the specific access method.
- If you would like to disable Google Analytic cookies serviced through our mobile app you can visit either of the following sites (depending on your mobile device and its operating system) and following the instructions: https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/. In addition, you may find further information under https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245?hl=en in particular under section “privacy controls”.
TRANSFERS OF PERSONAL INFORMATION OUTSIDE OF THE UK
It may sometimes be necessary to transfer personal information overseas. When this is needed information may be transferred to countries or territories around the world. Any transfers made will comply with the Data Protection Act 1998.
THIRD PARTY SITES
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers, affiliates or third party partners. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal information to these websites.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
Shutl cares about the security of your information and uses commercially reasonable safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of all information we collect and that we share with our service providers. However, no security system is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee the security of our servers, nor can we guarantee that information that users supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to us over the Internet.
We do not knowingly collect information from children under 13. If we discover that we have inadvertently collected information from children under 13, we will delete that information as soon as possible. Please contact us at
with any questions about our privacy practices or to let us know if you have reason to believe that we have collected information from a child under 13.
or sent to: Shutl Ltd, 1 More London Place, London, SE1 2AF.