Last revised: April 2013
I. WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT
The information that we collect from you
• When you register with us or use any of Shutl’s services, we may collect your name, address, phone number, email address, and billing information .
• If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
• We also collect information when you voluntarily complete customer surveys, provide feedback and participate in promotions or sweepstakes.
• We may collect website usage information (such as browser information, IP address, referral/exit data, and browsing behavior) using cookies or other persistent identifiers, web beacons, log files and other technology when you visit our website or use our mobile app.
The information we collect about you from others
• When you place an order through one of our retail partners, that partner may share your personal data with us in order to perform the service. This data may be combined with data we collect from you directly.
• When you interact with our site through various social media, such as when you Like us on Facebook or post a review to our Facebook page, we may receive information from the social network such as your profile information, profile picture, gender, user name, user ID, age range, language, country, friends list, and any other information you permit the social network to share with third parties. The data we receive is dependent upon your privacy settings with the social network.
II. HOW WE USE INFORMATION
We use personal information held about you in the following ways:
• To perform our services and to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us or any third parties that have contracted us to fulfill their agreements with you.
• To communicate with you via email, phone or text. For example, we may send you service-related emails (e.g., account verification, order confirmation, order tracking, changes/updates to features of the service’ technical and security notices), and we may send you information about promotions or other offers we think may be of interest to you, including offers from third parties. See below to learn how to control your communication preferences.
• To ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
• To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
We may use the information we collect through tracking technologies to (a) remember your information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your subsequent visits; (b) enhance your experience on our websites, including through the display of customized content and/or targeted advertising; (c) provide and monitor the effectiveness of our Service and our content; (d) monitor aggregate metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, and demographic patterns; (e) diagnose or fix technology problems; and (f) help you efficiently access your information after you sign in.
III. HOW WE SHARE INFORMATION
We do not disclose your personal information without your consent except as follows:
• We share your personal information with our local delivery partners to carry out our services.
• We may share your information with our third-party service providers who help us provide our Services, such as software providers, accountants, website developers, billing and financial advisors, marketing and advertising groups, among others. These business partners will be given limited access to your information as is reasonably necessary to deliver our Services under reasonable confidentiality terms.
• With your prior consent we may disclose your personal information to third parties so that they may offer you products and services that may interest you.
• We may share information collected through web technology (such as cookies, log files, device identifiers, location data and clear gifs), with our third-party business partners in order to deliver the Service to you. We may also aggregate or otherwise strip data of all personally identifying characteristics and may share that aggregated, or anonymized data with third parties.
• In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
• If we sell, divest or transfer the company (including shares of the company), or any combination of its products, services, assets, and/or businesses to a third party, in which case personal data held by it about our customers will be one of the transferred assets.
• If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of SHUTL LTD, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Uses made of any feedback you leave on the Shutl delivery service
• The feedback that you leave on the Shutl delivery service helps us to improve the service that we offer and respond to customer needs appropriately.
• We may post the feedback left by you on the Shutl website or any Shutl pages of a third party websites, including, but not limited to the Shutl pages on Facebook, Tumblr and Twitter. We may also use the feedback that you leave in any Shutl marketing, analysis or promotional material. When using the feedback for these purposes, your anonymity will be maintained: we will never disclose any information that would identify you specifically.
• We may ask you to share your feedback with your network on social networking sites such as Facebook and Twitter. We would really appreciate it if you would help us spread the word about Shutl via social networks but to do so is entirely optional and will require you to authenticate your account with the social network. When you choose to share your Shutl experience via a social network, Shutl will send the review or comment via API, posting it directly to the user’s newsfeed. In the event that you choose to share a review via Facebook, we will display your Facebook profile photo publically on the Shutl website alongside your review.
IV. YOUR CHOICES REGARDING YOUR INFORMATION
• You can correct or update your communications preferences or opt-out of receiving marketing materials by [insert directions to update preferences, i.e., by email, or through settings page]. You can also unsubscribe from promotional email communications from us by clicking on the “unsubscribe link” provided in each email. Please note that you cannot unsubscribe or opt-out from service-related emails and messaging (e.g., account verification, order confirmations and tracking information changes/updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices).• You may request that we delete your data by emailing us at email@example.com.
• To manage cookies, you can set your browser to enable, disable or delete cookies, including advertising cookies. To do this, follow the instructions provided by your browser (usually located within the “Help”, “Tools” or “Edit” settings). Please note that if you set your browser to disable cookies, some features of our website or service may not work properly. You can find out more information about how to change your browser cookie settings at www.allaboutcookies.org. Additionally, if you would like information about cookies and targeted advertisements or to opt out of having your information used by companies that are part of the Network Advertising Initiative, please visit http://www.networkadvertising.org/optout_nonppii.asp. If you are accessing our service through our mobile app or with a mobile device, you may not have the ability to disable cookies, depending on the specific access method.
V. THIRD PARTY SITES
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers, affiliates or third party partners. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
VI. DATA STORAGE
VII. HOW WE PROTECT YOUR DATA
Shutl cares about the security of your information and uses commercially reasonable safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of all information we collect and that we share with our service providers. However, no security system is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee the security of our servers, nor can we guarantee that information that users supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to us over the Internet.
Shutl, Zetland House, 5-25 Scrutton Street, London, EC2A 4HJ.